Grow Groups at Evangel
Have a desire to interact with Christians during the week, but aren’t sure where to begin? We want to encourage you to try a Grow Group! You can do this a few ways:
- Go to the Grow Group area of our Connect Center (right next to the coffee shop) and find a group that is looking for members.
- Talk to someone you know at Evangel and consider starting a group yourself! 3 or 4 people are plenty for a Grow Group! More is fine too. 🙂 We encourage groups of all shapes and sizes. Our Philosophy of Groups is below. Also, come to a brief leader meeting on September 10 right after the morning service!
- If you need help finding a group or need some ideas, feel free to get in touch with us! Here’s our contact info:
Phone: (515) 537-9264
Phone: (734) 407-9666
The Value of Grow Groups:
Understanding and applying the Word
Cultivating Gospel-centered, accountable relationships
Grow Groups Will:
- Study Biblical truth
- Share each other’s story
- Discuss personal application
- Pray for each other
Details You Should Know:
- Grow groups are typically made up of 2 to 15 people.
- Grow groups typically meet for four 10-week periods a year.
- Meetings normally last about 2 hours.
How You Can Get Involved:
- Commit to a 10-week period as a group member
- Host a group. It’s easy–just open your home and make cookies!
- Lead a group. The Evangel leadership team would love to help you find the tools you need! Leaders should have a good testimony of faith and some ability to explain Biblical concepts.
Why Grow Groups?
- God intended for believers to live together in community.
- Iron sharpens iron; when we share our stories and look to the Word for guidance, we help others do the same.
- God wants us to be unified in love; grow groups provide a unique situation to be unified in purpose and to show love.
To see and share testimonies of what is going on in our groups, visit growgroups.evangelbaptist.com