Grow Groups at Evangel
Have a desire to interact with Christians during the week, but aren’t sure where to begin? We want to encourage you to try a Grow Group! You can do this a few ways:
- Go to the Grow Group area of our Connect Center (right next to the coffee shop) and find a group that is looking for members.
- Talk to someone you know at Evangel and consider starting a group yourself! 3 or 4 people are plenty for a Grow Group! More is fine too. 🙂 We encourage groups of all shapes and sizes. Our Philosophy of Groups is below. Also, come to a brief leader meeting on September 10 right after the morning service!
- If you need help finding a group or need some ideas, feel free to get in touch with us! Here’s our contact info:
Phone: (515) 537-9264
Phone: (734) 407-9666
The Value of Grow Groups:
Understanding and applying the Word
Cultivating Gospel-centered, accountable relationships
Grow Groups Will:
- Study Biblical truth
- Share each other’s story
- Discuss personal application
- Pray for each other
Details You Should Know:
- Grow groups are typically made up of 2 to 15 people.
- Grow groups typically meet for four 10-week periods a year.
- Meetings normally last about 2 hours.
How You Can Get Involved:
- Commit to a 10-week period as a group member
- Host a group. It’s easy–just open your home and make cookies!
- Lead a group. The Evangel leadership team would love to help you find the tools you need! Leaders should have a good testimony of faith and some ability to explain Biblical concepts.
Why Grow Groups?
- God intended for believers to live together in community.
- Iron sharpens iron; when we share our stories and look to the Word for guidance, we help others do the same.
- God wants us to be unified in love; grow groups provide a unique situation to be unified in purpose and to show love.
Our friend David Whiting with Northridge Church in Rochester here is sharing some training for what they call Community Groups. We call ours Grow Groups. You might find this helpful. We would love to hear your feedback.
Check out these Leadership Resources from our sister church -Northridge in Rochester.